Game: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed
Published by: LucasArts
Developed by: LucasArts
Formats: X360, PS3, Wii and PC. Format Played: X360

It’s been a while since there has been a great Star Wars game, the last one being the first Knights of the Old republic so when I heard that there was another Star Wars game coming out I jumped for joy…..ok well maybe just a little woop!

I watched loads and loads of clips of the game before I bought it and after a while I had second thoughts about it because it seemed like way too many over the top force powers………well what can I say. Who cares it’s fun fun fun!

The game is set between Episodes 3 and 4 and tales of a Young boy Vader trains in secret of the emperor. The story itself is good and fits everything in without ruining it.
The battle system is easy to pick up and use but wait! Yes I am going into negative comments this early on in the review! The problem with everything is bugs and glitches, they are everywhere and they can be annoying. I was in the middle of a boss fight one time when I suddenly found myself under the ground with my lightsaber poking out the top, annoying? Well not that example because I took the boss out from underneath :D but the lock on is absolute crap and this causes you to miss people you are targeting. Also sometimes the objectives disappear and if it does you can not get the achievement for doing all objectives.

However! Don’t let this put you off the game, if you can ignore all those bugs the game is fun and there is nothing more fun then clearing a room of stormtroopers with one big blast! Peter Petrelli eat your heart out!
I did enjoy every level and apart from the glitches the only annoying part of the game I found was the Star Destroyer! It’s not so much that it’s hard but stupid and annoying. Without giving too much away I’ll just say the controls are shit!

There are two endings, but you wont get to choose them until right at the very end and as I wanted to see them I went through the game twice and just about to do a quick spin through again as you keep all your force powers and items gained from the first play but if you want the Harder achievements you will need to restart a new game.
The first level see’s you playing as Vader who is powerful but annoyingly slow, but who cares as you are clearing wookies out left right and centre!

Things I found most fun in this game is blowing enemies around me out the way, force lighting and picking objects up and chucking them at people or picking people up and chucking them at people or just out of the way or off a ledge.
I would have liked to give this game an 8 but due to the glitches I am forced to lower it one.

7/10