Formats: PSP
Format Played: PSP
Import: Japanese

Ok so I was a little impatient and went ahead and bought a new copy from Hong Kong no less. Despite waiting 3 weeks for postage at £15 it wasn’t to be sniffed at for a brand new copy.

This is only a quick preview as the game only arrived yesterday and I have only done two missions but spent a while on it trying to work out what everything means and how to heal!

The game starts with a breathtaking cut scene which I will not go into but post below





See I told ya!
Now the game itself starts you off in a programme session where you will face some shinra solders. You will automatically target the nearest person and basically press x to attack. Triangle blocks and the L1 and L2 buttons move your icon in the bottom left to select material/attack and items. The game is free roaming like kingdom hearts and final fantasy 11 and 12 but the battle system is far simplified.
You can pretty much make it through the first mission just hitting x which is a shame and I hope things get more in depth as I progress through the game.
As you walk around you will enter random battles but there will be a long pause until you start fighting while you will hear “Activating combat mode” when you start and “conflict resolved” when you finish.
As you fight there will be a spinning fruit machine style cogs at the top left of the screen which will constantly spin until a pattern comes up. From what I can make out certain numbers and characters, increase speed, level up and provide HP.

So far I have met a young Yuffie from FFVII and a hologram version of Sephiroth.
I have seen two CGI cut scenes which match Advent Children.
I can not tell you anything about the story as I have no idea what is going on. I will keep you updated as I progress through.