Formats: Xbox360 [Played], PS3, PC
Published by: Activision
Developed by: Infinity Ward
Released: November 10, 2009
Score: 94%

This really was worth the wait and proves to be a suitable sequel to the first game. Graphically it’s outstanding and the gameplay and controls are everything you have come to expect from the Call of Duty games. They have done away with the respawning enemies which are music to some people’s ears but not for mine and I’ll tell you why. The Call of Duty games are the only series of games that I will start playing on the hardest level setting which as you would know is Veteran. Not only to I like the extra achievement points but I thrive on the challenge it presents itself and the feeling of accomplishment afterwards. The problem with MW2 is that it is far too easy on the Veteran setting, sure there were places I died a few times but there was only one point that I remember having a major issue with and that was just down to the autosave saving me as I was being shot at in the middle of making a getaway. The respawning enemies in the first MW meant that you were forced to keep moving forward and anytime you stopped to hide of get under cover you found 4 frag grenades landing next to you again forcing you to run out into gunfire. This and the fact that the game is very short are the only two issues I have with an outstanding game. The levels although easier than previous games are fun and enjoyable, even if there is one level which tests your guilt.
Apart from the main game you also have a Special Ops game which can be played solo or with a friend via the system link or xbox live. If you want to get those Veteran stars you will need to play with a friend because these short levels are tougher then the main game when playing solo. These levels are great when playing with a friend and really do expand on the main game making you work hand in hand with your partner.
Last but not least the multiplayer option gives you bigger maps and more perks as you play though the game. I have not yet touched the surface of this option but I believe it’s more or less the same as the first one but with different perks and a few more options.